WHAT IS MINI DIGGER TRAINING?
On-site plant operator training for candidates of all experience levels; novice, experienced and refresher. The client is required to provide the Mini Digger for training.
Didac instructors can tailor training to the type of Mini Digger, attachments and specific job requirements to equip your employees with the relevant skills to be
effective in their job.
Every endeavour is taken to minimise the impact on normal working operations and ensure that training is relevant and industry specific.
Legal Requirements - Training complies with:
- PUWER 1998
- LOLER 1998
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
Refresher training to be taken every 3 to 5 years in line with current HSE guidance.
WHAT TRAINING WILL I RECEIVE?
- Controls and instruments
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Current relevant regulations
- Excavating deep and shallow excavation
- Explanation of attachments
- Introduction to the machine
- Other associated activities
- Pre – shift inspections
- Trenching, back-filling, levelling and marking out (where applicable)
- Candidates undertake both theoretical and practical training and assessment.
- Candidates receive a high quality printed A5 training manual and guidance booklet.
- Training can incorporate your company’s risk assessments.
- Soft copies of all course paperwork are available to employers on completion of training.
- Successful candidates receive a temporary pass notification form on the day, valid for a period to cover the time taken for certificates and photo ID cards to be issued.
- Training is delivered by fully qualified instructors; evidence of instructor competency is available on request.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS WILL I ACHIEVE?
- Plant operator qualifications can be accredited by either the Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register (ITSSAR) or the National Plant
Operators Registration Scheme (NPORS). Both ITSSAR and NPORS are members of the Accrediting Bodies Association Workplace Transport (ABA) which
is recognised by the HSE and independently audited by the Health & Safety Laboratory (HSL). NPORS has also recently been granted full recognition by
the major contractors group.
- 1 – 5 days dependent upon learner numbers and experience.
- National Delivery within the workplace
- Please contact Didac to discuss your needs.